Here is my view on my personal big holidays (e.g., Thanksgiving and Christmas): leave them be and mostly forget about the program for the day. This is not an official Weight Watchers recommendation. It is merely my choice. I work pretty hard to be pretty good most of the time, and I have no problem giving myself the day off. Frankly, I think it is a bit of a relief for those around me as well (see Plastic Bubble post), so I am happy to do my bit for myself and my broader community.
What will this entail this Thursday?:
- I will enjoy everything put before me, but I give special consideration to starchy concoctions such as stuffing (mmm) and sweet potato casserole (double-mmm).
- I see little to no use for vegetables on Thanksgiving. They take up too much real estate on the plate.
- I will probably have seconds.
- I will enjoy dessert.
- I will enjoy the turkey-induced, post-meal coma in front of a football game.
- I will enjoy the time with friends and family.