Day 1 (Wed Dec 23):
- My plan: Have a healthy breakfast. Have a healthy lunch. Spend time with family in the city doing the big Christmas thing, and pre-select my select my dinner options from restaurant menu on the internet. And have a huge workout.
- What happened: I RULED this day. Great workout. Oatmeal for breakfast (even though I was at a restaurant). Totally responsible lunch and dinner. Yeah me!
Day 2 (Christmas Eve):
- My plan: Keep it together for breakfast and lunch. Have a huge workout. Abandon hope for Christmas Eve dinner at friend's house. Choose not to have remorse.
- What happened: Pretty much as plan again. Good, cardio workout in the AM. Was responsible until 6 PM or so. Even after then, I wasn't completely gross.
Day 3 (Christmas Day):
- My plan: No exercise. Rich food. Candy. etc. etc. etc. Choose not to have remorse.
- What happened: No exercise. Rich food. LOTS of treats. Kind of like Willie Wonka's Augustus Gloop's (the one who swims in Chocolate) swan song reenacted.
Day 4/5 (Boxing Day and Day After Boxing Day):
- My plan: I've never celebrated Boxing Day before, but why not? Spending the weekend away with DSW. Will plan to get workouts in (probably not huge ones) to mitigate some of the damage. Not planning to be perfect this weekend.
- What happened: Worked out both days (!). Was good for breakfast. Not very careful for lunch and dinner. Pretty much as planned.
Day 6-8 (Mon-Wed):
- My plan: Exercise like a maniac. Live like a cold-hearted Puritan for all breakfasts and lunches. Keep it sane for dinner. Seek to avoid stealing candy from my children.
- What happened: The Puritan's would have put me in the stocks, or perhaps considered seeing if I sunk like a witch. Had they done so, their punishment would have been a bit severe. I worked out hard. I wasn't awful for meals, but I definitely partook in some Level II Grazing.
Day 9 (New Years Eve):
- My plan: Big workout again. Keep it sane for breakfast/lunch. Behave poorly New Years Eve.
- What happened: Again, not too bad, except after 6 PM, and I worked out as planned.
Day 10 (New Years Day):
- My plan: Rub temples gently. Get a big workout. Keep it pretty normal for a Saturday.
- What happened: Well, I did rub my temples, and I did get a big workout. However, one could only call this Saturday normal if one's name was Nero. We decided to have a New Year's potluck open house during the day to watch football, socialize, etc. Bad. Bad. Bad. Bad. The attached photo is showing only about 50% of what was brought to the table, and NONE of it was good for me. It was cold out, and I didn't care. I had some of EVERYTHING. And no remorse.
Day 11 (Sunday):
- My plan: Back on plan.
- What happened: True (mostly)!
Final tally: it got a little dicey toward the end of the 11 days, but I wasn't a million miles off the game plan. Final result: I'm up 2.6 pounds from goal (and I got weighed after I had lunch). Overall, it's a decent outcome.
As a side observation, what is it about potluck that says " make sure to bring your most oil/butter ladden foods. If you could lace them with chocolate and lard, that would be super awesome!" ?
Any insights from this? Sure. I had a plan that I pretty much stuck too. I lived much looser than I normally do, but I kept it sane and worked out much. The final result was very much in line with what I expected. Looks like you really can live in the world when you do Weight Watchers. Phew.
Hope all of you hung in there too!!!